I am the caretaker the Maris Pearl, a tug boat built in WWII. We do our best to keep her going. A few people ask about it, so here are some pictures and some info.
The basics on the boat are:
- LOA: 94
- Beam: 26
- Draft: 13
- Displacement: 350 tons
- Power: 1944 Enterprise 8. Click here for more about the engine.
The history we know is:
- Built 1944 by US Navy
- Decommissioned in 1976 and sold to Crowley
- Operated by Crowley as the harbor tug Sea Fox -- mostly in San Francisco Bay until 1990.
- Served in the Valdez oil spill clean up.
- Sold to Seattle owner in 1996
- Purchased by us in 1999.