Sorry to be tardy to the party, but I just today listened to the 9/10/2010 episode of This American Life, titled Right to Remain Silent. Here are 10 reasons you should listen too.
- If you have ever had a bad customer experience at an Apple store.
- If you are looking for real life examples of the impact of the Patriot Act on average Americans.
- If you are wondering if you can be arrested for posting a joke on Facebook (that you thought was private).
- If you want to know if you should fear the police.
- If you need some good examples on how performance measures induce the wrong behavior.
- If you are wondering if there is anyone left that is trying to do the right thing.
- If you think crime is really going up in NYC -- despite the "statistics".
- If you think the decline in investigative reporting is important.
- If you want to restore your faith in America (because WBEZ and Ira Glass were able to produce this show without fear of going to jail).
- If you are looking for a reason to support public radio.
I could go on and on, just listen to it and let me know what you think.