I have been working for a while on a post that would summarize all of the advice people are giving Ballmer and Microsoft. With the whole market cap thing last week the flood of advice has me so buried I cannot read it all -- let alone comment. So here are a couple good recent ones you may want to read:
- Fast Company: Argues that the thing to do is bring back Bill Gates.
- Motley Fool: Makes the case that Apple did not pass Microsoft, but rather Microsoft is killing itself.
- Information Week: A pretty good rant about the cloud, the market perception of "Microsoft as rigid, backward-looking, reactive, and afraid to compete" and the whole iPhone ban.
- Blogger Andrew Brust: A good list of things to do -- mostly focussed on the consumer space (again).
- Mini Microsoft: Can't have a list like this without a sweeping post from Mini - Microsoft.